Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Summer of NPH


This summer has had many themes for me. It's been a summer of adventure, love and family. I've truly grown as a person.

On the other hand... and this is appropriately awkward, I've inadvertently become obsessed with Neal Patrick Harris.

I'll make my case.

1. It all started with Joss Whedon and his genius project, Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. I've watched it more than once... it's pretty much the best thing to come from the Internet this summer. Every time I watch it, I'm at the edge of my seat rooting for the huggable Dr. Horrible.


2. Then came the realization that the videos on hulu.com are really swell. After some obsessive Buffy watching, I decided to cool off with some nice, refreshing Doogie Howser, MD. He was such a brilliant, lovable doctor...
they don't make medical shows like they used to.

2. Who could forget the NPH cameo in Harold and Kumar? Fantastic film, I watched it with my Chinese friend.

3. Then there was this piece of advertising genius from Old Spice.

4. Oh, and there is the TV show "How I Met Your Mother." I don't really watch TV at school, so I easily overlooked this show. However, I saw a couple episodes this summer and was charmed by the sitcom. It has that guy from "Freaks and Geeks" plus, Alyson Hannigan is wicked cute.

5. Finally, this article convinced me that Neal Patrick was worthy of a tribute in our blog. Neal is awesome and gay and I'm a huge fan of the awesome/gay combo.

Thanks for reading this,

-RS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

My name is Daphne Mays and I work for BBC America. I found you through this post mentioning "Freaks and Geeks" and thought I'd get in touch. I know the mention was brief and actually in reference to a different show, but from your general tone and writing style, not to mention the subject matter, I think contacting you is a good choice :) We're in the process of introducing people to a show from the UK called "Skins". It's often been compared to "Freaks and Geeks" and does deal with similar themes and issues, but in its own unique way. We're working really hard to get the word out about the show, and we have a lot of great media to share. We'd love it if you could post about the show, and include some of our exclusive content. Would you be at all interested in doing this? We have exclusive video interviews with the cast and exclusive photos that haven't been released to the press, so you'd definitely be giving your readers some inside information.

You can check out a video about the show here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAM3mcF2fqE

Please let me know if you'd like me to send you any of our assets, we would love to have your help in promoting this awesome show!

Daphne Mays
BBC America
skins.bbcamerica@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Who the hell is skinsbbcamerica? I bet she didn't really read our post. Rotter. We don't even have an audiece. Wait...she found our blog?? How??!!! It is a very carefully kept secret, like my written diary (which does not exist).

Anyways, I too watched Mr. Horrible on the hint of a friend, and thought it was pretty great. Not, like, my favorite show of all time, but definitely enjoyable, and NPH was very funny. Yes, you are allowed your tribute, Retrosweater.

Gaikokujin said...

It annoys the beejeebees out of me that the "Whiz Kid Breezes Through High School in 9 Weeks" article says Doogie is 12 when he finishes high-school, but the next article is titled "Princeton Graduates 10 Year Old Prodigy." How does he go from being 12 to 10? How?

Huggles